It is November, and with that comes Thanksgiving. On Facebook it has become popular to share something each day that you are thankful for during the month of November. A grateful heart is something that we should have every day of the year, not just in the month of November. I started thinking and decided I would make a list of 30 things I was thankful for. I will divide it up into 3 lists of 10 over the next 3 weeks.
You will notice the absence of family, friends, shelter, food, animals and nature from the list. I am very thankful for each one of those, but all of us can sit here and compose a list made up of those things. These lists are a little more creative. The items appear in no particular order, the order has nothing to do with being more thankful for one thing or the other. It is just how they come to me. Some things may be crazy, some may be deeper. You can probably relate to some. What are some things your list of 30 would include? Feel free to comment below!
1.When your child is wearing a smile that stretches from ear to ear.
2.When you get that text or email that makes you smile from ear to ear.
3. The gift of writing, (yes I know a obvious one)
4. The gift of laughter, ( Yes, I know an obvious one as well, I didn’t say there wouldn’t be any obvious ones!)
5.The plain craziness that can occur in our house at times. Thankful we aren’t one of those Reality shows that has video cameras around. The cameras would have wondered why I was standing on one foot last night as I brushed my teeth. Or why I was making a baked potato at 2:15AM. Yes, one of you has done the same, right? Please comment below if so!
6.The variety of music! Thankful that I can hear it!
7. For the Postal Service that delivers cards and packages. (thankful for at least most of the packages that is 🙂 )
8. The times when a warm feeling floods your heart. The feeling of knowing that you are cherished and loved.
9. For imagination and a special cat named Dewey, along with his friends!
10. For my chiropractor, for untangling the knots from my neck and shoulders. It is not an easy job!