Had to have the Peanuts gang wish you a Happy Thanksgiving! Have you seen the new movie? I did, Peanuts was a big part of my childhood, how could I miss it! 🙂 As you can guess, the quotes for today will center around being Thankful! I wish you all a Blessed Thanksgiving! I will be gone from here for a little while while we travel to the cornfields of Indiana to be with my husband’s family. We always have a good time, plenty of food, love and laughter. May your Thanksgiving be filled with the same! You all are on my list of Thankfulness!!
- The Pilgrims made 7 times more graves than huts, No Americans have ever been more impoverished than those, who nevertheless set aside a day of Thanksgiving.” H.U. Westermeyer
- Be thankful for what you have, Your life, no matter how bad you think it is, is someone else’s fairy tale.
- “I do not think of the misery, but the joy that remains. Go out into the fields, nature and the sun. Go out and seek happiness in yourself and in God. Think of the beauty that again and again discharges itself within and out of you and be happy!” Anne Frank ( Just seeing who wrote that quote makes it more special, if Anne Frank can be thankful, surely we can no matter what!”)
- “The things you take for granted, someone else is praying for.”
- “It was November, the month of crimson sunsets, parting birds, deep sad hymns of the sea and passionate wind songs in the pines.” L.M. Montgomery from Anne of Green Gables ( I have always loved the Anne of Green Gables books and DVD series! I may just have to watch it again!)
- “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it, is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” William Arthur Ward
- “May you be as strong as the Oak, yet as flexible as the Birch. May you stand as tall as the Redwood, but live as gracefully as the Willow, and may you always bear fruit all your days on the earth.” Native American Prayer