Good Morning! I started collecting C.S. Lewis quotes , but came across some other ones that stood out to me , so its a mixture this morning 🙂 ENJOY and hope they make you think some and help to add some joy into your day!
- “Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing the Monkey Bars. At some point you have to let go in order to move forward!” C.S.Lewis ( remember those Monkey bars at school! Always was nerve wracking to let go, but you were all excited when you actually made it across 🙂
- “We read to know that we are not alone.” C.S.Lewis
- “Children are not a distraction from more important work, they are the MOST IMPORTANT work!” C.S.Lewis
- He said, “Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you, because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will not find it.” Roald Dahl
- “A children’s book that is only loved by children, is not that good of a book!” C.S.Lewis ( I will say that there are children’s books that I truly love! Ones that teach such valuable lessons! The Velveteen Rabbit, The Giving Tree, the list goes on and of course the Narnia series 🙂 )
- “Happiness is like a butterfly, the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things; it will come and sit softly on your shoulder.” Fiona Cameron ( I just could not leave this one out. Reminded me of how so many of us get so busy chasing things that we think will make us happy and really its just like chasing the wind! Or as she says a butterfly 🙂 When we finally stop, that is when happiness finds us.)