Good afternoon! Bringing you some Charlie Brown Quotes again for there are just so many good ones! Hope you enjoy!
1.”The smile on my face doesn’t mean my life is perfect…It means I appreciate what I have and am thankful for what I been blessed with….. I CHOOSE to be happy!”
2. “In life its not where you go…its who you travel with!”
3. “I wonder if my teacher gets tired of saying, “WAH wa WAH” all day!”(This one just made me laugh! May not have a deep meaning, but who can forget the teacher in the Peanuts comics and shows!)
4. “Attitude is contagious, is yours worth catching??”
6. “Sometimes it is better to be kind than to be right. We do not need an intelligent mind that speaks but a patient heart, that listens.”
6. “There is no sense in doing a lot of barking if you have nothing to say!” (had to put a Snoopy quote in! Such a smart dog!)
Sometimes you want dreams to continue!!
In response to The Daily Post’s weekly photo challenge: “Half and Half”
HI! I don’t know if I interpreted this challenge exactly right, but thought I would try! You tell me what you think . 🙂 They are all from Italy, the place that someday I hope to go back to!!! BEAUTIFUL place! Recommend you put it on your Bucket List 🙂
GE DIGITAL CAMERA
GE DIGITAL CAMERA
GE DIGITAL CAMERA
GE DIGITAL CAMERA
Kneeling down to show you care!
I am sure this is a puzzle for most people so I will explain. We got to witness a act of caring this week that was so precious. Tall, Hefty, Football players kneeling down to show little kids they care. The Penn State Football Team came to visit the Children’s Ward at Penn State Hershey Medical Hospital. The kids smiles were SO BIG and BRIGHT and they were thrilled as the players bent down to see them eye to eye. A rewarding time for the players and the kids!
It is a rainy morning today, a day to just hide under the covers! Hopefully even if its raining where you are, the sun is shining in your heart. And if not, I hope these quotes will help bring a smile! Happy Tuesday my Friends!
1. “Show your smile, it looks amazing on you!” (from my dear daughter 🙂 )
2. “Stop hating yourself for everything you aren’t, and start loving yourself for everything that you are!!” ( author unknown)
3. “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist;but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten!” ( G.K.Chesterton)
4. “So many people think you are awesome, special and worthwhile; why would you listen to the one person that thinks you are not?” (Dr.Melanie Greenberg)
5.”He said, “There are only 2 days in the world where nothing can be done, one is called yesterday and the other one is tomorrow, so Today is the right day to love, believe, do, and mostly live!” (the Dalai Lama)
A scales can’t weigh heart matters!
I wanted to share about a important organization that I am sure most of you, if not all have heard of; It is the Ronald McDonald House. How many times have you seen the little collection jars at McDonald’s asking for donations for the non-profit organization? They are so easy to just ignore, for yeah the picture of the little kid or kids on the jar is cute, but it doesn’t really affect you. You don’t really know what its all about, except to help sick children. Here is the story behind those collection jars.
The first Ronald McDonald House was open in Philadelphia in 1974. It all started due to one very sick little 3 year old girl. She had leukemia and she was the daughter of a Philadelphia Eagles Football player. His wife and him spent nights trying to sleep on chairs in the waiting room and living off food from the vending machine and hospital cafeteria. They weren’t alone, plenty of other parents were in the same boat. Not having money for the large bill that a long stay at a hotel would be, they stayed in the hospital waiting room. For see, these parents weren’t local, they had to come to a special hospital to meet the needs of their sick children. Mr.Hill, the Dad, knew that something had to be done and he talked to the Eagles manager about it. The manager agreed with Mr.Hill that there was a definite need for parents of sick children and went to his friend who happened to be the Regional Manager of McDonalds. He in turn organized a fundraising promotion, introducing the St.Patrick’s Day Green milkshake! Now known today as the Shamrock Shake! Another reason to LOVE the Shamrock shake! The funds raised went towards buying a old house near the hospital to be renovated to become the first Ronald McDonald House. By 1979 10 more houses were built in different states and it just kept booming. There are now 322 houses in 57 countries, offering 7,200 rooms to families free of charge!
The RMH offers a place of rest and peace for families who are dealing with stressful situations, due to their child’s illness. The families have cozy beds to sleep on, comfortable couches to sit on and meals prepared for them. It is a great gift, a gift that you only really realize the value in once you experience it. It’s a place where families from different places gather, all connected by something they can’t control. Connected by the pain that a child’s serious illness brings. Not only does the RMH provide a place to sleep and eat, it provides entertainment. Pet therapy dogs come to visit, wide screen tv’s and DVD players are available and a play room for the little kids. Area attractions provide RMH with free tickets for families that are staying at the house, for they know that that these families need a break in the stress of Dr.appointments and hospital visits,etc.
Yes, years ago Mr.Hill had a great idea, he shared his dream with others and a brilliant idea was born! I hope that by reading this post that next time you see a collection jar, you won’t just ignore it. That when you hear about Ronald McDonald House charities it will strike a chord in your heart. My other hope is that if you have a great idea, don’t just say it can’t be done. Persevere and you never know, your “RMH” could be born!
Happy Tuesday everyone! I remember how happy I was the first time I bought my own Peanuts Comic book! More were added to my collection over the years. Who couldn’t like The Peanuts! Yes, every Christmas we would watch the Christmas Special and you can’t forget the Great Pumpkin 🙂 Each character in Peanuts had its own unique personality and they were a warm part of my childhood. So today is dedicated to The Peanuts! ENJOY!
1. “I can’t help thinking that this world would be a better place if everyone would just listen to me!” Lucy (be honest we all have probably had that thought at times ;))
2. “There are times when I could murder her, but I would hate for anything to happen to her!” Linus ( true sibling love 🙂 and I think we all thought that about Lucy at one time or another 🙂 )
3. “Why worry about the future, when the present is more than most of us can handle!” Linus ( he might still carry his blanket but he is wise!)
4. “If I seem a little strange, well that is because I am!” Pig Pen ( Don’t you love his honesty! We all need that ability!)
5. “Only in Math problems can you buy 60 cantaloupes and no one asks what is wrong with you!” Sally ( Sally is my kindred spirit as far as Math goes :))
6. “When my arms can’t reach the people who are close to my heart, I always hug them in my prayers!” Snoopy ( LOVE Snoopy! A dear friend sent me this via FB this morning and I had already decided I was going to do Peanuts quotes and than I knew I had to share this one! Thanks dear friend 🙂
7. “Sometimes all you need is a hug from the right person and all your stress will melt away!” Snoopy ( Hugs are so powerful! So many hugs a day are more efficient at keeping the Dr. away than a Apple a Day is!)
8. “If I was given the opportunity to present a gift to the next generation it would be the ability for each individual to learn to laugh at himself!” Charles Schultz ( I had posted a quote similar to this on my FB page yesterday. It says how We all should learn to laugh at ourselves and if you can’t, Call me, I will laugh at you! 🙂 Thank you Charles Schultz for the gift of laughter you gave us for so many years!!
More quotes than usual but this will make up for missing last week 🙂 There were still more I wanted to add and GOOD GRIEF, I just realized I didn’t put any Charlie Brown quotes! Next week 🙂 for we can’t forget Good Ole Charlie Brown!
HI! I am back for the week, so will hopefully be able to post every day! 🙂 Hope everyone is having a great start to their Monday! I did by going to the chiropractor and getting my mess of knots loosened up!
These pics were taken last year at a Sunflower field nearby us. They were nearing the end of blooming, they aren’t as upright as they should be, but it was still beautiful to go there. It reminded me of Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz and the field of Poppies that she was in. Everywhere you looked you saw Sunflowers. I recently saw a card with 5 lessons that we can learn from a Sunflower and that’s what made me think of these pictures. Hope you enjoy the pictures and the Lessons 🙂
Lessons from a Sunflower
1. Always Face the Sun!
2. Always Stand Tall!
3. Always surround yourself with friends!
4. Show your colors to the world!
5. Don’t mind the bees!